Monday, January 16, 2012

Mini Lemony Blueberry Muffins

I had some christmasy/holiday mini muffin liners I've been wanting to use with my mini muffins tin. Yesterday I tried to make mini brownies, aka brownie bites. I has forgotten that I'd tried this before and it doesn't work. The brownies puff up and then fall, leaving a crater in the middle. Ugh!

So today I decided to make mini blueberry muffins. I found a recipe with lemon and blueberry and thought I'd give it a try. Recipe was adapted from www.heatherdish.com

Rating (6)

Recipe: Mini Lemony Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 egg
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup yogurt
4 Tbsp veggie oil
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
zest of one lemon
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine sugar, lemon juice, egg, sour cream, yogurt, and oil. Mix until combined.

Add dry ingredients, mixing until well combined.

Fold in lemon zest and blueberries. Do not over mix, blueberries will bleed.

Line mini muffin cups with liners. Fill liners until nearly full. Batter does not rise very much, so fill nearly to the top.

Bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and remove muffins from tin to cool.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment