If you are looking for something quick and tasty, this is it. It was ready in 45 min and total prep time was 15min. So on those nights when you really don't have time, this is the meal you should make. Throw together a salad while it is cooking and you are set! Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from http://www.navywifecook.com/2012/08/baked-spasanga.html.
White Lasagna Casserole
egg noodles, cooked (16 oz)
shredded mozzarella cheese (8oz)
8 oz ricotta cheese
6oz sour cream
3/4 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 jar spaghetti sauce (24 oz), or your favorite tomato sauce
1 lb ground beef (Optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles according to package directions, drain.
2. In medium bowl, stir together sour cream, ricotta, half-and-half, mozzarella, oregano, basil, pepper, garlic, salt, and half the Parmesan cheese. Add noodles and toss until well coated.
3. Pour noodle mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Top noodles with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover dish and bake 25 minutes. Remove cover and cook an additional 5 minutes.
4. While pasta is baking, prepare meat sauce. Brown ground beef/meat in large skillet. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer.
5. Remove pasta from oven. Cut into squares and top with sauce.