Well it is the weekend and I have no sweets in my house. I am always seeing recipes that include Nutella and I thought I'd try one of them. I picked one that is easy and quick. I like them. There is something about the cookie part that reminds me of another food and I cannot place what it is. If you try this recipe and figure it out, let me know. I hope you enjoy!!!
Recipe Adapted from http://www.justputzing.com/2012/08/nutella-buttercream-cookie-cups.html
NUTELLA COOKIE CUPS
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sliced strawberries, raspberries, or other fruit (optional)
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Allow dough to chill for 30 minutes, then roll it into 1.5-2 inch balls.
- Drop balls of dough into each cup of the mini muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven and immediately press into the poofy centers of each cookie with the bottom of a shot glass, creating a cup/well. Allow cookie cups to sit for 5 minutes, then pop them out of the tin and onto cooling racks.
- In a medium bowl, cream together 1 stick butter, powdered sugar, and Nutella. Add more Nutella based on taste, if desired.
- Spoon Nutella buttercream into the center of each cookie.
** The dough makes over 3 dozen cookies, and the frosting should be enough for at least 2 dozen…I deliberately made less frosting than I would need, b/c I really wanted an excuse to spoon straight Nutella into some of the cups…
- Gently press a slice of strawberry, a raspberry, or any other fruit into the frosting of each cup.
- Enjoy immediately!