Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nutella Cookie Cups

Well it is the weekend and I have no sweets in my house. I am always seeing recipes that include Nutella and I thought I'd try one of them. I picked one that is easy and quick. I like them. There is something about the cookie part that reminds me of another food and I cannot place what it is. If you try this recipe and figure it out, let me know. I hope you enjoy!!!
 
 
NUTELLA COOKIE CUPS
 
 
Ingredients:
(Cookie cups)
  • 1 stick butter (softened)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Sliced strawberries, raspberries, or other fruit (optional)
(Buttercream)
  • 1/3 cup Nutella
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 stick butter, softened
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin tin.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
  3. Add eggs and vanilla and stir until fully incorporated.
  4. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
  5. Allow dough to chill for 30 minutes, then roll it into 1.5-2 inch balls.
  6. Drop balls of dough into each cup of the mini muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.

  1. Remove cookies from the oven and immediately press into the poofy centers of each cookie with the bottom of a shot glass, creating a cup/well. Allow cookie cups to sit for 5 minutes, then pop them out of the tin and onto cooling racks.


  1. In a medium bowl, cream together 1 stick butter, powdered sugar, and Nutella. Add more Nutella based on taste, if desired.
  2. Spoon Nutella buttercream into the center of each cookie.
    ** The dough makes over 3 dozen cookies, and the frosting should be enough for at least 2 dozen…I deliberately made less frosting than I would need, b/c I really wanted an excuse to spoon straight Nutella into some of the cups…
  3. Gently press a slice of strawberry, a raspberry, or any other fruit into the frosting of each cup.
  4. Enjoy immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment